Department of Pharmacy (DoP) carries out its academic activities under the School of Science and started its four-year BPharm program for the first time in the country in 1994 in respose to acute shortage of Pharmacists in the national care systems. The Bachelor of Pharmacy (B Pharm) program was started for the first time in Nepal at the Kathmandu University in 1994 AD. We are also the pioneer to launch M Pharm, Pharm D (Post Baccalureate) and Pd D programs in Pharmacy in the country. The health care scenario in Nepal is dramatically changing with the emergence of several hospitals and medical colleges. This emerging new development accross the land and National Drug Policy demand for providing safe and effective drugs, better pharmaceutical services and increased human resources in Pharmacy. With this mind Kathmandu University (KU) launched MPharm program in September 2000, PhD in 2004 and Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD, Post-Baccalaureate) program in September 2010.
- Provide educational facilities to students for career in pharmacy proffession.
- Develop specialized pharmacy manpower to hospitals, industries, educational institutes and related organizations.
- Strengthen the existing pharmacy practices through appropriate education and training.
- Assist pharmaceutical and related organizations in solving their problems.
- Contribute to pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences literate relevant to Nepal through research and publications.